Day 4--- MY BIRTHDAY!!!
My amazing friends made my birthday start off with a bang! Right before midnight I had to grab something from my room, came back to the festivities in their room, and they had a little bowl of ice cream on a tray and a lit candle for me to blow out! It was so surprising and wonderful! They had secretly ordered room service for us to celebrate!

And it wouldn’t be a birthday without talking to your Mom and Dad, so of course I spent a few minutes on my Go-phone to call some VIPs. While I am calling home, Ramzi went down to the front desk and had a nice conversation with the manager of the Marriott concerning our “situation…” He told them we had chosen the Marriott because there was a hot tub so we could celebrate “his girlfriend’s birthday” (aka ME) by having a hot tub party. Well, the hot tub had just barely broken, so he told them he wished he had been informed. It’s true though, we were planning on going to the dang hot tub every night, so we were really quite bummed. But…. The Marriott said they would have their general manager contact him in the morning.
I got to sleep in for the first time in months!! (Well, if you call 9 o’clock Prague time or 8 o’clock London time really sleeping in..) To start of my birthday, I wanted to go visit the Czech countryside and see a smaller town. So we finally find the train station, buy ourselves tickets from a lady who spoke zero English, then run around like crazy for 25 minutes trying to find the right platform. Hahaha we looked so dumb! But we finally made it on the right train to take us to Karlstejn.
The view from the castle wall.
By then, Elise and I were both pooped. Nap-time on the train, anyone?And Ramzi & I, since he pretended I was his girlfriend to get this for us.
The salesguy then proceeds to pull me under his shoulder and started acting like best friend. Pay close attention; this is where it gets entertaining.
Here’s how the story goes, unabridged, from the first time I typed it to a friend. You'll die, it's so funny
So I’m just playing along and laughing my head off.
Then he said he wanted to do the little
Kiss/kiss on the cheek thing twenty times for my birthday
like they do in France or Italy
where it's like "cheek cheek" and
lips don't actually touch cheek you know?
I didn’t know he was being totally serious!
At first he was just goin at it and I’m laughing and
Being a good sport,
And then he laughs and says that number 20 has to be
"Somewhere else"
But then he starts counting.... 1.. 2.. 3.. 4..
then he starts jumping back and forth with his counting
12...13...14…….12…...9...11...12...11….12...13...14...15...16...17..18...19.........
and he has like grabbed my face and pulled it up by his
and I'm pulling away laughing
and like pushing him away
but not wanting to be rude
and trying to roll out of his grasp
and pushing him away
but still laughing because it’s hilarious
and my friends are two feet away taking pictures of the whole thing
but he has my face in his hands somehow
and then I tried telling him that I have a boyfriend
I have a boyfriend
I have a boyfriend!! (push push)
and he's laughing and says 20 has to be somewhere else
and it's your 20th birthday
and you're in Praha
and this is how we do it in Praha
so frantically trying to find a way out of this
and begging for help with my facial expression to my friends
who all take pictures of my silent pleas and laugh harder.
So.
I grabbed his face and pulled his head down and gave him this
Quick peck on the forehead
Hoping that would end it all
and it didn't work!!!
and my friends were all just laughing their heads off
and not being helpful at all
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I just sucked it up and gave the sicko a quick peck
Then was disgusted and had to flee from the store
He was just some random creepy salesguy at a souvenirs shop!!
and as I was running down the street, I could hear him yelling, you better
come back next year and the next.....
Such a disgusting little man
With his peppered pony-tail. Ew.
Oh, what a trip! So many unforgettable moments of laughter, giddiness, stress, joy, excitement, exhilaration, hilarity, happiness, can't-believe-that-just-happened---EWWW, and epic-ness!
SO Jealous!!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHHA! I seriously am rolling on the ground laughing right now! I can't believe that you kissed him! haha! Best story EVER!
ReplyDelete