Saturday, March 19, 2011

a true IRISH ST. PATRICK's DAY

St Patrick's Day. Woke up, put on everything green including green shoes, shirt, jacket, bow, whistle, necklace, shamrock glasses, and tattoos, and also green eyeliner and shadow. We had blow thingies that make noise. We dyed our hair green. It wasn't until breakfast that we noticed I had put my tattoo on upside down bahahaha. Then we went out and celebrated with the parade that was seriously the strangest thing ever. Wild. Fun. Strange. There were drunks everywhere and green and cute kids and tons of people askin to get in pictures with us cuz we were legit. Seriously though, we were asked by so many random groups of people, old men, young men, etc to be in pictures with them! 
The actual parade was nothing like anything you would be expecting. It was completely like the director or creator of the parade was on crazy pills! Seriously, stilts, weird little children dancing, high school marching bands, stilts, black irishman dj's, chinese dances, flying animals, etc. So random!

Here was the BYU group that randomly assembled!


Elise & I. I love that dang whistle!
You know you wish you had shamrock glasses..

Noisy!! (like always..)
Looking down the street was a SEA of green!
Ash and I Rocked those glasses!
We had GREEN hair! Full out.



We all bought green shoes for 3 pounds! Brilliant!!
We all had our green makeup and tattoos!
Notice that we all have the same tattoos. Says, "Kiss me, I'm Irish!" ...Mine was upside down. Oops! But that makes it funnier, as if I had put it on drunk or something!
Just a bunch of green Cougars..
The other side of the parade's barricade. So green!
We ditched the parade early and went to some park in hopes to find the concert.
Failure. But the park was pretty!
Unfortunately, when we tried to get out the other side of the park, it was entirely closed off. Apparently, the cops only opened one entrance so they could check alcohol from getting inside. But we needed to get out That side so we could get to the carnival. so... we found a gate and hopped it! NBD. It was just way tall and there were cops everywhere! It's the tall black one in the background of this next picture.
But then we found the carnival! It looked so fun!
When we arrived in Kilkenny, we found this huge pile of kegs outside of a pub. Of course I would pick up one of the empty bottles of beer and pose with it. Sometimes I wonder what's going through my mind--now I look like a drinker.
They named lager after me!
And eventually we settled on an American restaurant for dinner so we could eat cheaply. Papa John's. So so good! I've only had it once before, but now I think I need to eat it more. Seven girls and two pizzas = fatfest. So much fun!
In Kilkenny, we arrived and there was some awful concert going on in the square where 13 year olds were singing Lady Gaga all screamy like a straight edge band. Ick! But our hostel was so so dang cute! The toilet seat may have been tilted and it was way ghetto in some parts, but it had free wifi for my iPhone! :D Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment