Saturday, March 19, 2011

Guinness BEER FACTORY

So we left the London Centre at three am so we could make it to the airport on time. We were dying! Especially because we didn't get to bed until one and had to wake up at two thirty. Do the math...... But I did sleep a bit on the bus, and was out cold on an airport bench for forty minutes. Victory! And then I was able to sleep on the airplane the entire time. We were sitting right by NAU's waterpolo team, but we were too tired to even look at them and their fit bods.
And then we got bagels and fruit smoothies and napped while we waited for the other half of our group on a different flight. This trip started off with naps galore! Then I slept all the way on the bus until the Guinness factory--the biggest tourist destination in Dublin. It's a beer factory and way cool. We learned all about beer and how it's made etc. My drinking IQ is 70% haha we took a test. We could have tasted the roasted barley if we had wanted. The end of the tour came with a pint of beer, but we were able to get soda instead. Hehe, a BYU drinking fest.
Here I am making some beer and working the machinery......
I rocked this quiz!
All passed out DRUNK! (or exhausted)
They gave us childrens' tickets so we could order a soda
instead of getting served a pint of Guinness.
Look how pretty Ireland is!
We were LOVIN our hotel!

Then we came to our awesome hotel and checked in, grabbed some food at the grocery store, then came back for eating and napping. It was so fun having a decent hotel again! Then we went and explored downtown Dublin and started buying green stuff for st Patricks day, and wandered around Dublin on our way to our pub for dinner. We ate dinner at the oldest pub in all of Ireland called the Brazen Head as a group. It's the oldest pub in Ireland. It was the best food I have ever eaten (well, with byu). It was like food at a big wedding dinner or a fundraiser meal. But they served us soup, our main course, irish apple pie (more like a custardy cobbler yummy) and mint tea. Haha I sound so grown up!
Then it was back to the hotel for reminiscing on favorite childhood tv shows. I didn't have much to contribute since I wasn't allowed to watch tv after school or Saturday cartoons until my piano was done, missin all the good shows. Haha, I had such a hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment