Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Les Miserables and Kensington Palace

So these last few days have been crazy; I have been trying to figure out my classes and housing for Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters, all while keeping up on homework over here and the many adventures of the week. And Liz and I were scrambling to find us a hostel in Paris this upcoming weekend since more girls joined our trip and we wouldn't be able to fit 9 girls in one French hotel-room. Luckily, I am like Aladdin's Genie and found us an incredible hostel right by the Sacre Coeur and a metro station.Sunday was just another splendid day in my ward. They split me and Paige up, so I individually teach like 7 little 4-year-olds. I love them but they're so naughty!!! Oh, and on our way out of skyping at the pub, the bartender started hitting on me and the other three girls, asking us when we would come back and telling us we needed to go out and get drunk with true Englishmen. Haha umm....
But look at us, I mean we're hot, so I don't blame him. This is the Sunday Skype Crew.
Monday night we went to Les Miserables! It was absolutely incredible. The set was unbelievable impressive, the acting was top-notch, and the singing. Oh, the singing! So stellar!!! Since I'm in the room with Liz Bevan, we are seriously singing all day long. I feel like I'm living in some wonderful musical!
This is me and Kinsey on our way back from the show. Yeah, we blend right in.
I just got back from having my afternoon tea in the Orangerie at Kensington Palace. Other than the tea Candace forced upon me at Girl's camp, this is my first tea experience. It was made by the brand that supplies all of the tea for the Royal family. I had some Blackcurrant, Ginseng and Vanilla one. After dropping in a sugar cube, it didn't taste too bad. The best part was the orange scone with jam and orange cream, then the two little pastry thingies. Haha, England's goal is to make me a little pudgy before coming home! And I'm perfectly ok with this, as long as it keeps tasting so sweet.


But seriously, these banana and mango pastries were heaven. The best are the orange scones with jam and some strange flavored whipped cream.
I look legit!!


Here we are outside the Orangerie at Kensington Palace!

2 comments: