On the bus in Scotland, we started watching the BBC series "North & South" to get us into the spirit of cotton mills before going to New Lanark. I used to watch it while mopping floors at Candace's house, so I already loved it, but they got the other girls here hooked. So of course we had a movie night on Sunday night in the classroom with our professors and finished the series with them. I love our professors and their families! And that movie was a perfect prelude to Valentines Day- it seriously steals your heart.



Monday. Valentines Day. In my Creative Writing class we had so much fun trying to write bad poetry themed around Valentines. But then the cutest thing happened ever. I was laying in my bunk bed trying to conquer some of my homework, when I hear my roommates running up the stairs panting my name. They flooded in carrying this massive box with my name on it. We open it up, and inside were stunning flowers from the most perfect guy on the planet. I couldn't contain my explosive grin the rest of the day (and every time I walk into our room, I see them and the grin reappears!)
But we continued our Valentines Day by going to the Royal Opera House to see the Royal Ballet Company perform Swan Lake. Wow, those ballerinas and ballet-men were so talented! I have never been to a legit ballet before (other than my cute friends Lindsay and Amy's high school performances) so it was an eye-opening experience for me. I sat by cute Paige and we sat there nibbling on Conversation Hearts and Hershey's Kisses that Mom sent me a few weeks ago. At first, we had no clue what was happening, but after our friend Emily explained the plot line to us, it made sense and was fun to watch. Mostly, it was fun to dress up all cute and go out for Valentines Day with so many beautiful girls and go to one of the more romantic areas of the city.
On my way home, Paige and I decided to take a detour and walk along the river to the London Eye. They lit it up red for V-Day!! The city is gorgeous at night, and I had not walked over there at night before, so I loved it. I can't wait to take Mom and Dad there!
I just want to hug you, you are so cute and happy... Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete