We got to go to the London Temple this morning! They had it organized very different than any other Temple I have been to. You give them your recommend, then everybody goes to a waiting room (after getting dressed) and they come in and call people by name and lead them either to the confirmation room or the baptistery. Then you go back to the waiting room and wait to be called again! Wild! But the waiting room was the best part—we were all taking turns There was such a strong yet simple spirit in the room, and it was amazing.
Going to the Temple over here is not just a two-hour round-trip outing, like it is in Holladay. We left at 9 AM and got home around 4 PM (I think.. sleep overcame me and prevented me from looking at a watch). But the Temple was gorgeous. There was a stream, and a pond, and even FLOWERS!! They were just tiny, but they were there! It was incredible. I hope I get to go again before finals weeks attacks!
After dinner, Paige, Liz & I went on one of our London Walks for class. It was a 3 mile walk that started at Westminster Abbey and looped around St. James’ Park. (This passes tons of important and famous buildings so it’s cool.) We even got to walk past Buckingham Palace in the dark, and it was deserted! Walking through normally tourist-infected areas when there’s nobody there is the best experience of all time. Plus, London is beautiful at night. Great friends, great conversation, and great sites add up to a great night!
(Written Today)
Today was a completely relaxed day. Class, homework, conversation, laughter, friendship, bonding, and all that jazz. Loved it! I decided to go for a run, so I grabbed two of the girls here who completely motivate me to come with me. We ran to the Marble Arch and back. Haha, well I'm not a runner so my body knew they were incorrect when they guessed it was 1 mile. GoogleMaps told me it was over 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment