Saturday, January 15, 2011

#4 of London's Top 10 Culinary Delights

I know I look like a pig since I'm the only one holding an ice-cream cone, but they eat faster than me and already finished theirs! Promise! But this is at the Patisserie Valerie.
 


Liz and I at Zizzi. She's the best! We bought matching cameo necklaces when we were together at Bath. I'm so glad she's here with me on this wild ride called London!
 


I learned a lot of really cool things about England’s history today during my first visit to the British Museum. Haha, enough of that. Afterwards we went to Zizzi’s, this adorable little Italian restaurant really close to our house. It started pouring rain as we started walking home, then dumping, and then the hail started attacking us! We were laughing so hard as we ran down our street. By the time we reached the centre, we were completely soaking; seriously, my hair was dripping like I had just jumped into a swimming pool! One of the girls was laughing so hard that she peed her pants a little bit! Love her dearly!

Later that night, I went out with some friends to Camden. We were in a really sketch area of the city, actually, and it was the only time so far that I felt comforted that one of the boys was around. I feel so safe here in London; I keep my purse glued to my front and the zippers glued shut with my hands, but other than that, I feel completely at ease here. But tonight when we were by The Zenith (just one of the millions of pubs,) I felt grateful that we had a boy in our small group for the evening. The little chocolate shop we were searching for ended up being closed, so we navigated ourselves to Leicester Square. . .

In Leicester Square, we searched for Patisserie Valerie, one of London’s Top 10 culinary delight destinations. Oh boy, the strawberry ice cream was heavenly. May I just take a moment to verbalize how delicious the treats over here are? The actual food may not always be pleasing here at the center, but London treats are always absolutely stellar. For example, yesterday we tried a Kinder Bueno Bar. The day before, we had chocolate croissants. Before that, there was the milkshake, and the chocolate cake, and the gelato, and the Cadbury chocolate bar. I’m holding out to eat crepes for when I go to Paris in February, but I’ve seen my friends eat crepes and waffles. And I can’t wait for the gelato in Italy in April.

On a side note, I need to list all the different places I plan to visit while I’m here. The list is amazing. We’re going to Northern France, Ireland, Scotland, up North, to Oxford, etc. with our BYU group! And I already have my flight tickets to Paris for a weekend with my roommates and for Prague during my travel week!! Before London, I never considered visiting Prague, but now I couldn’t be more excited! I love all of you at home and I hope you are loving your lives, but let’s be honest, I am so glad to be here in London and nothing can bring me home until I absolutely have to leave in May! Keep it real!

1 comment:

  1. i'm soooo jealous. i've always wanted to go to Prague but just haven't quite made it there yet. It makes me so happy that you are having so much fun. Keep up the blogging!!! I will just live vicariously through you for the time being.... LOVE YOU Carly FLAMM!

    ReplyDelete