So the coolest class ever: London Walk. It’s only a one credit-hour class, but it’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. We have this book that guides us on walks through the city. Then we get to take a picture of us somewhere recognizable on the walk and write a paragraph about the things we liked about the walk. London Walks Class: an excuse to see everything amazing.
This morning, we chose to do a walk that led us through the Portobello Market since it’s only open on Fridays and Saturdays. It was heaven. We all know I’m not a huge shopper, but I loved it. Let me just list off the amazing purchases I made today: a sweet little heart-shaped locket that I can put little pictures inside (fun! I’ve always wanted one!!!!), a vintage necklace that looks like it has Austrian Crystal, this amazing rustic necklace with a dangling clock/watch that flips open, a nifty circular scarf, these sexy sunglasses with the British flag on the lenses, and three pashmina scarves for 5 pounds. Woot woot! Moral of the story: go to Portobello Market every week if possible.
Then I got to come home and skype Mom and Dad while all the other girls were out running errands. It’s so funny having to re-teach skype to Mom every week! And then she finally gets it, and all I can see is her bangs or her forehead. Don’t worry Mom, I love it and your bangs looked great and we got your face eventually! And cute Dad is so worried about sitting in the light so I can see him “frozen in time.” Oh boy, I miss you two!
Tonight I had my very first experience at Harod’s. It was wild. It would normally be a fairly short walk to get there, but since Hyde Park was closed, it was probably a 3 mile walk. We loved every second of it! It was absolutely gorgeous outside, the perfect temperature, serene, fun, and dark. We went straight from this quiet walk to Harod’s, hahaha. Never go to Harod’s on a Saturday night unless you bring a snow-plow to clear the masses! I loved it. I even managed to find a new perfume that I would love to buy one day when my wallet is healthier. There wasn’t any room for us to sit and eat, though, so we decided to explore and find food elsewhere.
I love exploring the city. We wander through random streets all the time and find the greatest things! There are different pubs on every street, new shopping heavens with cute window displays, interesting people to secretly observe, amazing historical buildings, and funny little dogs in full-on tuxedos. Haha ok, maybe that was an exaggeration on the tuxedo, but still funny. But we ate dinner at this amazing place called Giraffe. Delicious! The tube line to get there wasn’t running today, but it was only a few stops so we walked there anyways. So worth every step! Then we came home and played Uno, giggled, did the whole “girl-talk” thing (which we do all day, every day anyways hehe), and even ventured to hang out with one of our professors. We grabbed a picture on our way up to visit him- check out all of the different emotions there! So classic!
I loved your lasts two posts! Sounds like you found the jackpot of shopping. Cheap and dang cute things! I love reading your posts. You sound so so happy and on top of it all I'm am totally jealous you get to try all of these amazingly delicious foods! I can't wait to visit there one day! love you girly!
ReplyDelete