No classes today! It felt so marvelous to sleep in! (or sleep until 9 if you can call that sleeping in...) But I went with Kaylee, Haylee, Liz, and Jamie on the City East walk. We went through the financial area of town and it was incredible. It was so crazy to see the tall ancient buildings on the same streets as the new, modern buildings. Madness! But it was such an adventure :)(Of course we took the pic of Liz and I smiling with Her camera...
I may have been falling over in this picture)
On our way home, we decided to brave the bus system. This was risky because everyone who has taken the bus so far has gotten miserably lost. We rocked it and made it home without anything too exciting or dramatic happening. It was during rush hour, though, so it took forEVER. Still amazing!

After dinner, I rushed over to the Oxford Circus tube station to meet up with one of Brady's friends, Larry, from Oxford to grab a drink. He came with his flatmate and coworker. She was way cool, too, and she was from Sweden. Between the two of them, they are top strategists and publishers in the advertising world for Google, Audi, Burberry etc.
The original bar we were heading to, the Alphabet Bar, ended up being closed. They decided to introduce me to this Moroccan restaurant where there is apparently this amazing tea that they were craving, but also virgin cocktails to accommodate me. We walked inside and it was the coolest environment. The ceiling was dripping with these unique and foreign-looking lamps, there were candles everywhere, the walls were filled with Moroccan sculptures and figurines, and short tables surrounded by small stools to sit on. I have never been anywhere like it; I'm still trying to grasp how cool it was. All of the above-mentioned decorations and items were for sale, too, which made it especially cool.

It was sweet, though, because I got to order from a legit drinks menu. Call me a sheltered little molly-mormon, but I never thought I would have a chance to order from one of those. Well I couldn't have been more shocked when Larry opened one up, flipped around a bit, then handed me the menu opened up to an entire Virgin Drinks section. YUMMY!! I wish I remember the name of the drink because it was epic, but it was incredible. It had fresh pomegranate seeds in the drink!! I have never had anything like it! I hear there's a virgin bar in Provo that serves these types of virgin drinks. I'm now determined to go and see how it compares. I'm sure it couldn't possibly compare to the marvel I tasted tonight.
Larry and his Swedish friend (I wish I could pronounce or even spell her name) were giving me really sweet tips and insides of London. I was told all of my brother Brady's favorite foods and restaurants while he went to Oxford, and now I am excited to go try them. Apparently I need to go to Pizza Express and get the Italian Pizza, and I need to go back to Nandos and try the chicken sandwich with the special sauce. If I am craving a spicy pizza, get an etna one. They showed me some cool shops as we walked, too. The best piece of knowledge was how to get the cheapest and best seats to shows here. Apparently, you can get excellent seats for super cheap to shows if you line up at the theatre early that morning. In addition to all the cool London knowledge I learned, it was really fun hanging out with Larry and his friend. They were so fun and entertaining. I feel like I got a true taste of Soho with them!
After dinner, I rushed over to the Oxford Circus tube station to meet up with one of Brady's friends, Larry, from Oxford to grab a drink. He came with his flatmate and coworker. She was way cool, too, and she was from Sweden. Between the two of them, they are top strategists and publishers in the advertising world for Google, Audi, Burberry etc.
The original bar we were heading to, the Alphabet Bar, ended up being closed. They decided to introduce me to this Moroccan restaurant where there is apparently this amazing tea that they were craving, but also virgin cocktails to accommodate me. We walked inside and it was the coolest environment. The ceiling was dripping with these unique and foreign-looking lamps, there were candles everywhere, the walls were filled with Moroccan sculptures and figurines, and short tables surrounded by small stools to sit on. I have never been anywhere like it; I'm still trying to grasp how cool it was. All of the above-mentioned decorations and items were for sale, too, which made it especially cool.
It was sweet, though, because I got to order from a legit drinks menu. Call me a sheltered little molly-mormon, but I never thought I would have a chance to order from one of those. Well I couldn't have been more shocked when Larry opened one up, flipped around a bit, then handed me the menu opened up to an entire Virgin Drinks section. YUMMY!! I wish I remember the name of the drink because it was epic, but it was incredible. It had fresh pomegranate seeds in the drink!! I have never had anything like it! I hear there's a virgin bar in Provo that serves these types of virgin drinks. I'm now determined to go and see how it compares. I'm sure it couldn't possibly compare to the marvel I tasted tonight.
Larry and his Swedish friend (I wish I could pronounce or even spell her name) were giving me really sweet tips and insides of London. I was told all of my brother Brady's favorite foods and restaurants while he went to Oxford, and now I am excited to go try them. Apparently I need to go to Pizza Express and get the Italian Pizza, and I need to go back to Nandos and try the chicken sandwich with the special sauce. If I am craving a spicy pizza, get an etna one. They showed me some cool shops as we walked, too. The best piece of knowledge was how to get the cheapest and best seats to shows here. Apparently, you can get excellent seats for super cheap to shows if you line up at the theatre early that morning. In addition to all the cool London knowledge I learned, it was really fun hanging out with Larry and his friend. They were so fun and entertaining. I feel like I got a true taste of Soho with them!
Pretty sure you have seen all of what I saw in year. I love Larry and I am so glad you got to meet him. Brady and I are drooling about eating Nando's. YUM! Your cute to take a picture of the Oxford Sweatshirt. Man, I miss it there. All your fun stories are making me crazy jelaous. I know I lived there already, but who knows when I'll get back. I am so glad you are getting to experience all of this.
ReplyDeleteps, I saw Wicked with my mom when she came to visit us in Oxford. It's my favorite!
Anyway, I don't always get a chance to post, but I want you to know I am following your blog and I am really happy for you. Brady is going to DIE when you go to Prague. It's been on top of his list for a very long time.
Now go out and get some REAL snogging on.
Love you.
Prague is on top of my list of places to visit. I'm way jealous that you're going there, and that you get to eat all the delicious food over there.
ReplyDeleteMost of all, I'm jealous you got to hang out with Larry. He's one of my favorite people and I'd love to sit with him and chat over good food.
Your coat is darling, and so are you. Amanda and Millie were just here, and she is reliving everything through you. I posted a picture, aren't you proud? Well, thanks for calling. It was fun to hear your voice. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteSo question... what do people do in Prague? Because we're going there, but none of us have the faintest clue as to what there is to do in Prague...
ReplyDelete