Today was our first day trip! We woke up super early and started our journey to Salisbury and the Salisbury Cathedral. The two and a half hour bus ride flew by like the length of a blink, probably because I slept from the time I sat down to the time the bus stopped. Mom, everyone loved my blue hat and matching scarf! The cathedral was really neat because we split into small groups and had tour-guides. Our little guide was a bucketful of cool information. The whole tower is leaning 30 inches and it’s 408 feet tall!
But Stonehenge was an even better adventure. We took so many pictures! Liz and I even held our friend Elise on our shoulders to try to recreate our own Stonehenge. It was raining like crazy, but that just made the experience so much better.
The coolest part of this day trip, though, was going to the Bath Assembly Hall. Jane Austen wrote about the room I was in and had balls and dances there in her books! They even filmed the new Pride and Prejudice there!! Honestly, that was cool. We tried to dance in there to recreate our own Austen moments, but it just ended up being hilarious and too funny for words. And from there we went to the Roman Baths where a natural hot spring feeds warm water into the large pools and naked Roman people used to go socialize and steam together. Then we just explored Bath, got to wander in some shops, I bought some super cheap earrings, and see the Bath Bridge. And of course I got keychains for my fantastic collection!
It was so funny- when we got home, probably around 15 girls swarmed the fridge to devour the leftover pasta from last night’s dinner. It was scrumptious. Then I went to the local pub, ordered an apple juice (don’t worry, I said no to the bartender when he asked if I would like vodka in it), and made a lot of progress on my homework. Homework. Bleh. I don’t know how I can do homework when I have London at my front door. Luckily, I’m not living out in the country, because it would be even more tempting. I loved the country and the green, rolling hills!
I love Bath!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having a great time.
Just one question - who blogs about a trip to Europe and doesn't post pictures? What's your deal?
We can't upload pictures where we live... next time I'm blogging from a pub I'll get some up!
ReplyDelete