So here I am in a Mcdonalds :) strange people keep walking past and looking at my friends' computers as they skype on their computers hehehe! Luckily, I'm working from my iPod right now and can avoid the awkwardness.
The journey began by frantically gathering all of my belongings into my suitcases Tuesday morning, and I had to be at the airport at one. Oops. Right before getting in the car we realize my camera ran away from me the night before and was hiding out in a car in Provo. Luckily my moms the best and sent me with her camera and she'll use mine while I'm gone. Thanks mom!! Buy we got to the airport and I said goodbye to my thirty dollar phone. It was fun having Adam come with is to the airport.
We saw Liz in the airport with her family, then our friend Devon who is amaIng and here in London with is. THen we were off!
We flew through Dallas and met up with over londoners there. Our flight attendant on our way called me 'yes yes' since I was confused and bad at conversation when I woke up from my nap and he was trying to get me dinner. Hehe I slept on Liz's lap for like six hours!! And I slept on the entire diest flight too!
K well here's the fun part. We had a bus booked for us when we got our bags then we were off to the center.
I live on like the ninth floor! Agh!! So so many stairs to get to my room :) but so good for Me. We unpacked then went on a walk through Hyde park. We saw Kensington palace and went on a walk around our neighborhood. After a few hours, we were pooped. But it was fun because we had sunlight for a while! We saw a circular pond with tons of geese and ducks and swans! It was fun getting to know the girls. We ran into the Hyde Park Chapel where we might have church and where we definitely have our religion class.
The next day, we woke up, had orientation, then we were free for the day. We went to get lunch at Nandos which was way good. Then we went to get our "Oyster" cards for the tube and went and bought internet cards for our computers since the internet here is DREADFUL (hence Mcdonalds) and went to "Boots" to get shampoo so we could shower, and as always, explored. After coming back for dinner etc, I went with a different group of girls and we went exploring to find a good place for dessert. We ended up at this waffle place. Hello world, Carly chose to eat CHOCOLATE CAKE. What??! Carly? Choosing chocolate?! MMm :) It was delicious.
This morning, we did lots of cool things. We went to see the London Tower. I saw the bloody tower where lots of people were executed, and went to see the crown jewels, and went to the old ammunition storage building. Haha it was so funny! This security guard who worded at the armory made best friends with me and my friend Kinsie. Seriously. He said I had an excellent accent, but it sounds a little posh. He went with us to three different floors telling us stories about the backgrounds of all of these crazy exhibits. Don't worry, we have a picture with him and this midget armor. But then we saw Big Ben (and Becs, I thought of You) and went to the Westminster Abbey. It rocked! I freaking saw Charles Dickens' grave. Wild. My computer's seriously about to die, but if I have more time later, I'll tell you then. If not, there will be tons of other interesting things to tell you all later. But we have taken the tube everywhere, and it's a blast. Last night, I even found this mall with a huge H&M. I'm excited to go there. And European fanta is just as good as I remembered.
Pictures soon, hopefully! I love you all and miss you all, but this is amazing! I wish you could all be here with me!!
Sounds so amazing Carly! Write more soon!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're having fun!
ReplyDeleteNandos is my favorite! I always had a hard time choosing between the delicious chicken sandwich with fries and the quarter grilled chicken with fries and corn on the cob...
Keep blogging!
O fun!! That sounds great so far! You are on the 9th floor!! That sounds like a ton of stairs!
ReplyDeleteI hear you are actually on the 5th or 6th floor. To quote Amanda, "I feel like I'm being fed a bag of lies!"
ReplyDeleteThat above comment was Adam, not me.
ReplyDeleteHaha, So technically I'm on the fifth floor, but I swear I walk up like nine flights of stairs.... dramatic little me, as always
ReplyDeletesounds incredible! miss you guys!
ReplyDeletehahahaha yay for Big Ben! did you see peter pan? hahahaha sorry that was a lame joke but i couldnt help it. Carls I miss you but I am so glad you are there and having an amazing time! Keep thinking of me always cause I am always thinking about you and your amazing adventures.
ReplyDelete