I got onto this pillar easily, but Liz STRUGGLED! It was so fun!!!
Sadly, though, we couldn’t stay forever, so we loaded back onto the bus and headed to York. We’re staying in this really sweet hotel, and it’s so fun to have a smidgeon of privacy for a few days! I’m sharing a room with my amazing bunkmate Sharon (who will get engaged within a month of us returning home and we’re all so excited for her!) and we have had so much fun! But we ended up wandering the city of York looking for Shambles Street, which is apparently the oldest shopping street in all of Europe. By the time we finally made it there, every shop was closed. It was only 5:20!!! Everywhere closes so early over here! So we just kept wandering the city and loving our lives.
Liz, Ashley and I somehow got separated from the group of girls we were with and had the most spectacular night. First, we bought me a 4 pound cell-phone! To my best friends that never skype me and my family members that I haven’t talked to yet: beware, I Will call you! We talked to the 19 year old sales rep working there and learned all about how the universities work over there. It was crazy; he’s engaged to be married in 18 months. 18 MONTHS!!??! That’s an insanely long engagement! And we asked him where the best, cheap food was in York. He directed us to this crazy pub called the “Lettuce Cellar” down some creepy alley. I have never had such amazing food in all of my British life. It’s the best food I have had since Mom’s cooking! And we followed it up with some strange “crumble of the day,” uno, rook, and as always, plenty of laughter. I love road-trips, I love Fountains Abbey, I love York, I love Hunter’s Chicken, I love mysterious crumbles, I love cards, I love the girls here, I love laughter, and I love this study abroad. Thanks Mom and Dad for helping me get over here!
Yeah Carly, sure the modeling pose was for mom...
ReplyDelete