This morning I got to my new ward for the first time, and I feel like I have the best ward in the entire program. Seriously. Like, way true. For reals. Getting there was a tad bit interesting, though. It’s Geoff, Paige, and I in the Mitcham Ward. They’re remodeling our building, so this is our only Sunday at their real building. From now on, we’re meeting at the stake center at the dreadful hour of 14-17:00.
Unfortunately, Geoff thought that this crazy schedule applied to this week as well, so we had to wake him up when we realized that he was late and nobody had seen him yet. Oops! So we ran to the tube, got to the Victoria station where we were to catch a train to the Mitcham Junction. Luckily, the wait wasn’t too long for the next train, since we missed the original one. From Mitcham junction, we had to explore and find the tram station, then take a tram to Mitcham. Once arriving in Mitcham, we rendered our map hopeless and had to wander to find our ward building.
You may ask, “How embarrassing would it be to walk into a new ward for the first time forty minutes late?” Then add on the fact that we had to walk in from the back to the very front row. Then realize that there were only two other white people in the whole room. Let me answer, “Extremely embarrassing.” Then, the Bishop paused the meeting and invited us to come to the pulpit, introduce ourselves, and bear our testimonies. Horrifying. Luckily, the ward is amazing, though, and I get to be a Jr. Primary teacher to the cutest children in the entire world. Seriously though, so so so SO cute! The little girls have the cute little braids, big eyes, huge smiles, and silly
little giggles. Couldn’t be happier about that.
Now, I get to look forward to a devotional tonight, then skyping mom and dad! Yay!!! I’ll probably be skyping every Sunday night here, so if you ever want a chance to skype me, be online on skype between 12-4 in the afternoon Sundays, and I’ll hope to catch you! My Skype name is Carly_flamm Add me!
No comments:
Post a Comment