So it was way fun skyping Mom and Kyle last night. Flammily and friends, please add me on Skype! My Skype name is Carly_Flamm . I plan on getting on Skype most Sundays sometime between 1-4 pm MST and I really want to talk to you all! Plus, you can look in the Notting Hill McDonalds! I just got a Starbucks card so I can use their internet, we’ll see if it’s better than McDonalds soon.
Today was the first day of classes. Crazy. I had two classes today, both of which were 2.5 hours long. If I didn’t love that professor so much, it would be the most miserable experience of my life. Knowing that London is a stairway away from the classroom, I would die with a boring teacher. My literature class is going to be a ton of work, but I will love it. And my creative writing class will probably kill me, because I have to write so much every day. Hopefully it doesn’t toss my brain into the rubbish bin. I’m kinda excited to see if it will help me enjoy writing.
Between classes, I split this awesome Panini from the cutest bakery. The food they cook in the center is pretty atrocious, but at least the rest of London’s food is great! A quick note on the desserts: they are the best dang thing I have ever put it my mouth (other than mom’s cooking, or course…..)
But we do this thing in my writing class called WWW, where we wander, witness, and write about anything we see in London. We just walk aimlessly around the city in small groups with a notebook, stop randomly and write whatever comes to mind. The only downside is that we have to share it with our group every time after… haha good thing I’ve never been too shy.
Tonight I got to experience Oxford Street for the first time. Brady was right, I will love Oxford Street. It’s pretty close to us from the tube, so I’m sure we’ll go often. I only saw one H&M, but I am dedicated to visiting all of them on that street in one day. Then I went with a different group of girls to a creperie. Mom, you would have DIED and gone to heaven in that little shop.
Oh, and guess what?! I think I’m going to Prague for my travel week. And ….. drumroll please…. I bought tickets to London for a couple of weekends from now. I have my Chunnel ticket, and seven of us are sharing a hotel room built for 4/5. In Paris, I can guarantee that will be a Squeeze. Oh, the adventures of being young. Good thing I am so experienced sleeping on the floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment