I got to see my first Musical in London tonight! I stopped at the Leicester half-price ticket booth this morning during my “Soho” walk. Quick sidenote, the Soho walk was awesome. We may have gotten lost, but the three mile walk through Chinatown, Soho, Leicester Square, and lots of other famous places was super fun. But we stopped and bought tickets to shows for that night. Some other girls went to see Dirty Dancing, and they didn’t love it, so I’m obviously brilliant and made the right choice.
The best way to describe Chicago is a display of fishnet unitard bodies, black lingerie, dark makeup, genius hair, red lips, pointy collar bones, and nonexistent hips. Don’t forget to mention the men in work-style jeggings, belts, little vests, fishnet shirts, shaved chests, unshaved faces, skinny muscles, tattoos, big muscles, seductive (or not so seductive) smiles. The transvestite reporter was unexpected, yet not completely a shock. However, the dancing was crisp, sharp, meticulous, seemingly effortless, and mesmerizing at parts. Their voices were creamy, smooth, wonderful, talented, and comparable to the warm, oozing nutella inside a fresh crepe.
So my History of England class seems like it will be a lot less stressful than I had imagined. We’ll have a lot of textbook reading, but not as many essays as I had feared. Unfortunately, I have to write two or three assignments a week for my literature class, and an entire slew of assignments daily for my creative writing class. It might possibly kill me. That’s why the description of Chicago didn’t sound like my normal conversational description… I’m using it for my writing journal. I have a feeling that’s going to start happening frequently in this blog, so I apologize!
what the hot. jealous.
ReplyDeleteLove Chicago!
ReplyDelete