Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snogging my life away.....

After my British Literature class in the morning, I went with a small group of girls and we finished our “Notting Hill” walk for our London Walks class. We did the first half at the market this past weekend, but we enjoyed Portobello Road so much that we had no more gusto left for the other couple miles of the walk. I am so very glad that a group of us wanted to go back and actually finish the walk, because it was breathtaking. I have lived in Notting Hill for two weeks now, and until the walk, never understood why “hill” was included in the name. After walking through the nearby yet hidden residential areas, it was quite obvious. It’s so neat, they have these private gardens and parks for a lot of the neighborhoods, and I wish I had a key to all of them because they are fantastic. And it was so sweet to pass all of the schools and see all of the children wearing their matching uniform skirts, tights, and jumpers. That definitely took me back to the fifth-seventh grade when I had to wear the plaid skirt, knee socks, and Waterford Cardigan to school every day!



We rushed back to the centre for our Creative Writing class, and it was a really neat lesson. At the very end of class we did a writing drill, and I feel like I have an incredible beginning to the short story I must write in that class. It’s based off this fear “What If my backpack with my passport, wallet, camera, laptop, etc. was stolen when I go to travel week in Prague?”

SNOG. I love little snogs. For any of you who aren’t up to date on their British teenage lingo, the British use the word ‘snog’ for ‘kiss’ or even ‘making out.’ It is also the name of a frozen yogurt shop. So….. last night I had my first snog. They give you stickers that say things like “Snoggers like it on top” or “Snogging is good for you” “I’ve just had my first snog” “Less talk more snogging” “You’ve been snogged” and “Fancy a snog?” Brilliant. And it’s delicious, too, so I couldn’t have been happier about it! And right by the store, we saw a Lamborghini dealership. We all know I don’t know anything about nice cars, but they were hott.



A quick note on the amazing people here in the BYU London Centre. I can't believe how much I love everyone here so dang quickly. I really met most of them two weeks ago, and I feel like I have known them all a lifetime. I love them. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment